With the latest release of JBoss Enterprise BRMS 5.3.1 we have been given the chance to deploy it on JBoss EAP 6, the lightning fast product that will change our development lives forever. I could not pass up a chance to update my existing demo projects and here you will find the results.
The new project setup deploys JBoss BRMS 5.3.1 deployable ee6 wars into the JBoss EAP 6 application platform. The project has been updated completely to facilitate this install. You just need to get a copy of the project, provide copies of the products as described in the README files, and run the provided init.sh script.
A target directory will be created, installing JBoss EAP 6.0.1, deploying JBoss BRMS 5.3.1 components, copying over configuration and security setting through the support/* files, and you are ready to rumble!
Once you have the project installed, you can proceed to the QuickStart document, but if you are lazy just follow along:
- start the JBoss EAP 6 in standalone mode.
- import the project found in projects/* directory into your JBoss Developers Studio 5.
- the latest version of JBoss Developers Studio 6 does not yet have the supporting BRMS / SOA plugins available, so we have to wait a bit on that component.
- Don’t forget to add the jars found in support/lib/* directory to your project and you can then run all the unit tests you find there.
For the JBoss BRM component:
- login to http://localhost:8080/jboss-brms.
- import the repository export zip you will find in support/* directory.
- once you have done this you can view the project artifacts, build the project, deploy, and run it as described in the documentation at http://localhost:8080/business-central.
You can find the master project and the released versions here:
- Version based on BRMS 5.3.0 and EAP 5 (v1.0)
- Current version based on BRMS 5.3.1 and EAP 6.0.1 (v1.2)
I hope you enjoy the speed and agility provide by this demo project. It is meant to display BPM interaction with Rule based decisions.